Key points of self defence engagement
- Awareness- Of surroundings, the people around you, possible flare points including groups of guys, drunks, dark streets, unlit areas, person or persons approaching with possible concealed weapons and or acting suspiciously.
- Defensive orientation- The potential for threat is assessed as high.
- Positioning- Seeing the oncoming danger and position yourself for imminent action.
- Weapons at hand- Weapons close to you to use for self defence or objects to put in front of you as a barrier or shield.
- Intent – Carry out action.
- Targeting- Maximum concentrated force applied to assailants’ weakest structure.